Wed, Jun 01|
Peaks 2 Shore 2022
A Venture Unknown is embarking on our epic 2nd annual Peaks 2 Shore overlanding trip! From the majestic mountains of North Carolina to the beautiful island of Cape Lookout!
Time & Location
Jun 01, 2022, 7:00 PM EDT – Jun 07, 2022, 11:00 PM EDT
RALLY POINT, MXX4+32W Cataloochee, North Carolina
About the Event
PEAKS 2 SHORE 2022!!!
Venture Unknown is super excited to announce one of our most exciting events to date……Peaks 2 Shore 2022! This is a REAL overlanding trip. P2S last year was some of the best time I’ve ever had with some really great people! This one has it all. It starts on the very west side of North Carolina mountains and ends in the very beautiful Outer Banks! We will experience trails of all sorts ! Hurricane Creek , Blue Ridge Parkway, Old House Gap (if reopened), Uwharrie, Croatan NF, and explore the beautiful Island of Cape Lookout!! It will be 7 DAYS LONG!!!! Believe me this is a trip you will never forget!!!
Itinerary: (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
Wed June 1st
(Early arrival option) You may rally to camp that is located on a trail very close to the planned rally point. Some take this option due to early next day drivers meeting.
Early camp coordinates 35.698692, -83.042734
Thurs June 2nd
Drivers meeting #1 will promptly begin @ 830am *PLEASE BE ON TIME* Located @ I-40 Wilkins Creek pulloff (coordinates 35.697743, -83.044902 ). We will air down and depart at appx 915am to explore the beautiful Hurricane Creek. After Hurricane we will air up and make our way to the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway till we arrive and set camp on or near Old House Gap (if reopened) Alt plan will be planned if it is still closed .
Fri June 3rd (THE LONG DAY)
Drivers meeting #2 @ 8am. We will break camp and complete Old House Gap. Then make our way over to Uwharrie NF where we will rally @ 4021 NC-109, Troy, NC 27371 Eldorado Outpost to obtain ride permits ($5) and ride to exciting Uwharrie trail system. Afterwards will be a long drive to the coast where we will set camp at Catfish Lake in the Croatan NF 34.943683, -77.110974. This is where we will stage to board the ferry the following day.
Sat June 4th
This is the day we will have a reservation to ferry over to Cape Lookout and will start exploring the island as we wait for the rest of the crew to arrive. Depending on your ferry time will determine how you spend this day. This is a great time to grab a shower at the bath houses located on the island!! Once we have rounded up all our friends we will proceed to find camp.
Sun June 5th- Tues June 7th
We do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT RELAX!!!
NOTE : YOU CAN DEPART ANYTIME YOU NEED FROM THE BEACH AS LONG AS ITS ARRANGED WITH THE FERRY SERVICE WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR RESERVATION
Cost: Venture Unknown
$50 per rig (this fee will include 1 each special event sticker, and 1 each event patch)
Event shirts can be purchased separately for $20
$25 per rig state permit
Ferry Service Info
$80 per rig +$16 per passenger (Children under 4 are free (this includes round trip)
WHEN YOU CALL TO MAKE RESERVATION FOR FERRY YOU MUST ARRANGE ON THE ISLAND AND OFF THE ISLAND TIMES. YOUR ON THE ISLAND TIME SHOULD BE SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY JUNE 4TH.
Rig requirements : 4x4, All Terrains, a small lift is recommended but not absolutely required. GMRS radio for communications, proper camping gear (beach), and highly recommend recovery points just in case we need to give ya a tug. Uwharrie can be bypassed or or a bunny trail taken for stock rigs no problem.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
-I will have communications leading up to this trip to include a group chat, emails, phone calls, and Facebook discussions.
-I will ensure you are fully informed and prepared to embark on this trip.
-Arrive to the rally point with a FULL TANK OF GAS!
-This trip is a matter of endurence and will require a tight schedule and good nights sleep. Once arrived at the beach is when we can cut loose and relax
-Some will choose to do only the mountain/beach section but the entire trip is highly recommended
-This trip will max out at 40 rigs. We will have a time delay between when team 1 and team 2 departures (depending on how many plan to do the mountain portion) IF YOU DO NOT MAKE THE CUT OFF, YOU STILL MAY REGISTER TO BE PUT ON A WAITING LIST, AND WILL BE NOTIFIED IF THERE IS A CANCELATION