top of page

Sat, Sep 02


Location is TBD

VU Wagon Train to Moab, Utah

Venture Unknown is headed to Moab, Utah!!!!! Pack your bags, bring your sunscreen, and definitely do not forget your adventure hat!!!

Registration is closed
See other events
VU Wagon Train to Moab, Utah
VU Wagon Train to Moab, Utah

Time & Location

Sep 02, 2023, 7:00 AM EDT – Sep 17, 2023, 12:00 AM EDT

Location is TBD


About the Event

Hey you...... You wanna drive across the US and explore some of the most wildest parts of Utah with Venture Unknown ???

Its time to plan the trip of a lifetime!!! It all begins right here, right now!! Are you ready?????

First let me congratulate you on making the cut and being part of this wagon train !! Get ready to make memories that we will tell the grandkids!!!

Hit the READ MORE button for complete details

Planning vs Preparation

Our adventures are based more about preparation than solid plans. What you can count on are the dates are solid and we are doing this!! The info below will get us off to the right start. It is extremely important to read the info shared here and in future communication.

For the next 6 months we will be planning details for this epic adventure. This will require meticulous preparation, rig maintenance,  feedback, research, studying maps and most of all communication!. PLEASE PARTICIPATE!

Pretrip Timeline


  • Feb 10th @ 7pm MOAB team announced! Invites sent to remind people they need to register.
  • Feb 13th @ 7pm is the deadline to accept your invite and register for this ride or risk losing your invite to the waitlist. NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Feb 17th Event chat creation. Now that everyone is registered you will be invited to an event chat via FB messenger. Please be looking out for this invite. This will be how most info is shared.
  • March 7th @ 7pm At this point we are officially 6 months from departure. We will have our first video conference call held in a google meet conference.. A calendar invite will be sent to you with the meeting link via the event chat and email. It is required to be part of these calls. Make it a priority please. At this point it is also the deadline to back out without losing your deposit (see below)
  • June 7th @ 7pm Another conference call will be on this day. This is our halfway point !!!
  • Sept 5th @ 7pm Our final conference call! Crunch time!!!!!! 2 days till departure!!! Final prep, questions, fuel up, and let's GO!

When / Itinerary

As been discussed we've extended the dates for this ride. The new itinerary is below. We will and can accommodate the original rally times as well for those unable to leave early.


  • Sept 2nd early departure
  • Convoy #1 depart early Saturday morning. We will rally with all early departures along the way on this day. Route is I40 into Albuquerque New Mexico to Ouray CO Rally camp 38.0196479, -107.6432259.
  • Monday Sept 4th Drivers meeting
  • Monday - Tuesday Sept 5th will be spent on Black Bear, Imogene Pass and more if possible. We will rally back at Ouray base camp Tues night 38.0196479, -107.6432259.
  • Wednesday Sept 6th 8am drivers meeting and rally with convoy #2. at Ouray base camp and depart for Rim Rocker Trail. (2days on this trail)
  • Friday Sept 8th time and location TBD we arrive in Moab and Rally with convoy #3.
  • Convoy #4 will meet in TBD location in Moab
  • Friday Sept 8th - Thursday Sept 14th The plan will be to freely explore as many trails as we possibly can for the next 7 days. We wish it could be longer . We will have a route of some sort to keep from back tracking, but we try to keep this fluid. We ask everyone coming to understand that it is required to be prepared for anything and to have the adventurous spirit .
  • Friday Sept 15th after breakfast we will begin the trek back East. This also will take appx 3 days.
  • Sunday night Sept 17 The goal would be to back home late that night.

Rig / Gear requirements

  • You must be responsible and prepare your rig to make this grueling trek. Please do your absolute best to perform maintenance on your rig before this trip. We are only as strong as our weakest link, if one of us falls we all fall.
  • Food and gear to disperse camp for multiple days.
  • A rear locker is really needed for this trip. Open differentials will be tough to accomplish MOAB. I realize this is a tough requirement but can be discussed.
  • 33in all terrian tires minimum will be needed to handle the trails planned on this trip 34in - 37in recommended
  • *2.5 in suspension lift minimum. 3 - 4 in lift recommend.
  • Full size spare.
  • Tire repair kit (replacement valves (Colby), tire plugs, etc).
  • Sliders and armor are needed for this type of terrain and are required / no exceptions
  • Complete recovery gear bag with straps, shackles, kinetic rope, snatch blocks.
  • Recovery points both front and rear. required
  • We also will need to discuss with each and every person their experience level (this is a big safety factor on these trails).
  • GMRS radios.
  • First aid kit.
  • Extra parts and tools specific for your rig.
  • Extra fuel and water.
  • Your share of firewood.
  • Everyone must plan this trip with having themselves and rig to be self sustained for multiple days

Sleeping arrangements

This is a TRUE adventure. Be prepared to spend several days and nights in the backcountry. The plan is to disperse camp where there are no facilities, no water, electricity, and no bathrooms. There may be the possibility that we stay in a pay to camp park but this will be the exception. Be prepared to pay camp fees if this option must be used. We personally own a hot water shower and find this is a great piece of gear for this type trip.


GMRS radios will be used

Ch 17 GMRS

462.600 HAM

Cost / deposit / fee

There is no easy way to put it.....This trip is expensive.

Approximate trip cost breakdown

  • Fuel $2000 - $2500
  • Food $300 - $500
  • Misc/Camp fees/permit fees $500
  • Total trip cost appx $3000-$4000

Deposit $200

  • This deposit is here so we have hard commitments to this ride and is only due within 2 weeks of you registering. We want to ensure your spot is secure so we can plan accordingly. If you show up for the ride as planned we will refund your deposit. If you cancel within 6 months of the depart date ( March 7th)  we will refund 100% of your deposit. After March 7th you will need to fully commit to this ride without the loss of your deposit.  We hope you will understand why this is necessary. Any donations to this ride are 100% refundable if you cancel at anytime. There are 2 tickets at check out. One is for donations if you choose to do so. One is for deposit.

Venture Unknown donation

We do not charge for our adventures. There will be a "pay what you want" ticket for this registration. Your donations are what fund the Venture Unknown projects within the community. They allow us to do special things for these rides such as printing stickers, patches, cook a meal for you guys, and help fund a recovery in case someone breaks down. A lot of time goes into planning, ensuring we all have a good time, and make it home safe. Another way to support our mission is to join our Patreon here…… . Patreon supporters are fueling the future of Venture Unknown and are the backbone of what we do! 


Moab, Utah

Our exact rally point in Moab is undetermined atm.

Proposed trails (can be discussed during planning)

Plans are to explore trails in and around Moab, Utah. Full routes will be studied and shared as we create them. These trails will vary in difficulty. We want the entire crew to stick together so we all must be prepared for the route chosen. Here are just a few we are looking to explore .....

White rim

Hole in the Rock (hard)

Canyonlands Shafer Trail

Top of the world

Hells Revenge

Fins and Things

Copper ridge Trail

Steel Bender (hard)

Hells Gate

La Sal & Geyser pass

White Wash sand dunes

Strike ravine

Moab rim

Poison spider

Gold bar

Golden spike

Important Notes


  • Donation (Optional)

    This is the ticket to a once in a lifetime adventure!

    Pay what you want
    +Service fee
    Sale ended



Share This Event

bottom of page